The moist, almost gooey texture of this banana bread comes from the use of very ripe bananas. Perfect for breakfast or a tea time snack, one could say it is a cross between a cake and a muffin. It’s very simple to prepare, easy to carry, and a great way to use overripe bananas!
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Mix the Cashew-Rice Drink with the apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the rice drink mixture and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl of a food processor. Add the rice syrup and the margarine and mix at low speed, then slowly add the egg mixture. Continue to let the food processor run at medium speed for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the bananas with the lemon zest and lemon juice. Let the food processor run for 30 seconds. Add the cashews.
- Butter the walls and the bottom of a rectangular baking pan (29 cm x 19 cm) and fill with the dough. Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Cut the banana bread into squares.
Tip: The banana bread tases delicious with apple sauce or peanut butter!