A sweet cake with carrots? This delicious carrot cake doesn’t have a pronounced taste of carrots but rather a soft texture and a very mild spice seasoning. There are many different versions but this one is simply scrumptious: light and fluffy thanks to the addition of the almond rice drink. The icing is a must!
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: cake flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, beat the eggs with the cane sugar about 4 minutes until the mixture whitens. Add the Joya Almond Rice Drink, vanilla and peanut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Gradually fold in carrots and nuts. Mix gently.
- Pour into an oiled springform or individual cake pans. Bake 55 minutes (about 20 minutes if you use small cake pans). Remove from pan and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the vanilla frosting beat margarine with an electric mixer until very soft. Slowly add the icing sugar, vanilla extract and Joya Almond Rice Drink. Continue to beat until very smooth.
- Apply the frosting on the completely cooled cake(s). Refrigerate for another hour.
Tipp: For a vegan carrot cake, simply replace the eggs with plant-based alternatives, e.g. apple sauce!