Makes 12 cupcakes. A muffin tin is required for baking.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (sifted flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) together in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add all the liquid ingredients and stir until a slightly viscous batter has formed.
- Line the muffin tin with suitable paper cases and fill each case 1/3 full with batter (the bottom must be well covered).
- Then place a few blueberries and a piece of chocolate, to taste, in the middle of each case.
- Divide the remaining batter among the cases. When filling the cases, make sure there are no splatters of batter on the muffin tin as they will quickly burn.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 20 minutes.
There are various options for the vegan frosting. In our recipe we opted for a mixture of coconut milk (with a high coconut content), soy cream, powdered sugar, whipped cream stabilizer and vanilla beans.